Friday, September 13, 2013

13th of September, Friday...

    So, someone just posted on Facebook, "Is Friday the 13th still a thing?" I have to vouch, that yes, yes it surely is! I woke up this morning with a 102.0 degree fever. Unknown cause. I started feeling under the weather Wednesday night when I got out of work and the rest is history. My throat started hurting on the right side and I kept alternating between hot and cold (cue song "Hot n' Cold" by Katy Perry now). I didn't think it was anything until I walked into work the next day and felt like I would pass out, so they sent me home. Stayed in bed all day. Muscles ache. It was horrible.

    This morning, though! I was terrified when I saw that my temperature hit a high of 102.4. I told Ian and he made me make an appointment at the Prime Care Clinic. The earliest available time was at 3PM, so Ian told his boss he had to leave early and ran home in the pouring rain to change and get me into the car to take to the hospital. I have the best hubby on the planet. The doctor diagnosed me with either strep throat or pharyngitis. She took a CBC, urine sample, and strep swab - won't get the results until Monday. Until then, though, she prescribed me a broad spectrum antibiotic - Augmentin 875 mg - BID for 7 days and told me to get probiotics, which I did since I know what antibiotics do to me.

    So while Ian and I are waiting for my blood to be drawn, who do we see but our slumlord? Ugh! Friday the 13th. Seriously! We completely ignored him and didn't acknowledge his presence whatsoever, although I saw him staring at us multiple times...that creeper.

    We also went to look at our new apartment again today! It's better than I thought! Haha...I mean, I knew it was awesome before, but going back and thinking about furniture to put in there and where to put it...it's a whole different feeling. We cannot wait to move in! Hoping the current tenant will get her house closing on time, and will be out sooner rather than later!

    That's the news for now. TTYL. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment